Put-In-Bay is a small village known to be the best tourist spot on South Bass Island. You can reach the destination either by watercraft or plane. The entire village can be explored on a golf cart and you need to book that in advance. Even bicycles and mopeds are a wise choice for groups to enjoy the pathways and the surrounding areas.
The best time to explore the village is from April to October. On that note, booking in advance is also a wise decision because peak season can leave you devastated. Ohio-put-in-bay.com is an online resource that provides detailed information on Put-in-Bay, Ohio. You get to know different activities, hotels you can stay in, restaurants where you can enjoy delicacies, events being held on specific months, and all other tourist attractions that can’t be missed. You can also book hotels and golf cart rentals from the site.
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, people are avoiding long stays in crowded places. Therefore, spending a weekend in Put-In-Bay is not a bad idea. If you simply follow the COVID-19 travel and safety guidelines, you will find yourself at peace.
Itinerary for a weekend trip
- You can take the Miller Ferry from the mainland that runs every 30 minutes. You can hop on to the ferry to reach Put-In-Bay and also enjoy the panoramic view of the Island and birds flying over Lake Erie.
- Golf cart rental is a wise decision and it would be best if you advance to book it online. These 2, 4, 6 seat golf carts take you on a tour of the entire village.
- Walk along the streets of Delaware, Bay View, and Catawba to eat, shop, and drink. You can walk on the De Rivera Park to watch boats on harbors and at night enjoy drinks, music, and dance in some bar or restaurant.
- Visit the Crystal Cave at the Heineman’s Winery that is 30 feet wide. It is the largest known Celestite geode formed from the deposits of Celestite crystals.
- The Perry’s Cave Family and Fun center is known for various amusements which kids and adults enjoy. Take a tour of the Antique Car Museum, gemstone mining, rock climbing, and the War of 18 Holes Mini Golf.
- Don’t forget to explore the Butterfly House which contains more than 100 species of butterflies. You will find them flying inside the house everywhere, some might sit on you, but you can’t touch them.
- Visit the Lake Erie Islands Nature & Wildlife Center to know about wildlife and the ecosystem.
- Aquatic Visitor’s Center in the historic fish hatchery where you can learn about the Lake Erie ecology and also see live fish.
- Perry’s Victory and International Peace Memorial narrates the history of the Battle of Lake Erie of 1812. You can climb the 352 feet high building and take a view of Lake Erie.
- Take a tour of the South Bass Island Lighthouse that was first lit in 1897.
- Don’t forget to visit all wineries to taste different wines and help your kids with fresh grape juices.
If you want to know more about this spectacular tourist spot, then check https://www.putinbay.org/. It is another online resource that guides you well. You can book the best hotels and get a golf cart rental easily. Check the travel guidelines and prepare your itinerary.